Saturday, September 22, 2012

Best Homemade Iced Coffee Ever!

There is no hiding it..................I like coffee and it likes me back!

 
I'm almost ashamed to admit that this quote is representing me! My husband says I should quit but you know what? That's like me telling him, stop eating sweets! Is it going to happen? Heck no! You know what he ate the other day? That big ole' hunk of man I call my husband ate 4 ice cream bars, and then after I sent him a homemade meal to work, he brings it back and tells me that someone at work brought cookies and he ate 6 of them! Anyways, I'm chasing rabbits so back to the main topic. My friend Rachel gave me this recipe for Iced Coffee so I decided to be nice and share it.
I'm part visual learner so I find that explaining in pictures is best!


Ingredients:

Instant Coffee of your choice
Milk
Turbinado sugar (this is raw sugar) or regular white sugar.







Disclaimer: The format in which I give my recipes sometimes will reflect my style and not a textbook! So if you see any misspellings (it's how I talk) or informal directions it's on purpose and because I believe in getting to the point! No stick in the mud here! Living life shouldn't be filled with up-tightness!

First, get yer blender out! Toss a 1 cup of water in there,


Second, measure 3 tsp. of instant coffee, toss that in there,



Third, add in 5 tsp. of turbinado (or sugar of choice) in there,


Fourth, pour 2 cups of milk in there,


Last but not least add 2 cups of ice.



I have a setting that is called Ice Crusher or something of that nature and it breaks that ice into practically nothing. Depending on the strength of your blender you may need to blend once more.







It may be foamy on top at first, but that will go away! Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment